The Precious Gift program provides gifts to children who otherwise would not receive any during monumental times in their life such as birthdays and holidays.
How does it work?
During the holiday’s, we collect the top three wishes of children in need and we partner with various churches, organizations, and individuals to fulfill each child’s wish!
Throughout the year, providing a gift during a child’s birthday can be difficult for a parent who is struggling. We are able to provide children that come through our resource center with birthday bags that include cake mix, icing, candles, and a few gifts to help celebrate their special day!
How you can help:
During the holidays; Individuals, churches and businesses can host a toy drive or giving tree.
If you are interested in sponsoring an individual child by donating gifts, contact us at 303-466-4272.
You can volunteer your time at A Precious Child’s Giving Tree, which is located at the Flatirons Crossing Mall during the holiday season.
We also need teams of volunteers for help organize the toys in the warehouse so that they are ready for delivery (for example: businesses, sports teams, church groups, youth groups, etc.).
To ensure that children’s birthdays aren’t overlooked, you can help and donate to the birthday bags throughout the year! New gifts and gift cards to grocery stores (to purchase cake mix, icing, and candles) are appreciated!
In 2012, we were able to provide over 5,000 children in need with gifts valued at over $250,000!
THANK YOU to the businesses that hosted a drop-off location for our 2012 Precious Gift program:
- BellCo . 12101 North Huron Street, Westminster, CO 80234
- BellCo. 550 West 104th Ave, Northglenn, CO 80234
- BellCo. 8851 Harlan St, Westminster, CO 80030
- Big Choice Brewing. 7270 W 118th Pl, Broomfield, CO 80020
- Community Financial Credit Union. 6850 W 119th Ave, Broomfield, CO 80020
- Data Logix. 10075 Westmoor Dr., Ste 200, Broomfield, CO 80020
- Edward Jones. 799 US Highway 287, Unit E, Broomfield, CO 80020
- Egg and I. 799 US Highway 287, Unit A, Broomfield, CO 80020
- Fox Chiropractic. 4750 W 120th Ave., #800, Westminster, CO 80020
- Global Sound Studio. 555 Alter St., Unit 19-F, Broomfield, CO 80020
- KT’s BBQ. 799 US Highway 287, Broomfield, CO 80020
- Lake Arbor Automotive and Truck. 9146 Marshall Pl., Westminster, CO 80031
- National Entertainment Network, LLC. 325 Interlocken Parkway, #B, Broomfield, CO 80021
- Premier Members Credit Union. 5495 Arapahoe Ave., Boulder, CO 80303
- Premier Members Credit Union. 12379 W 24th Ave., Arvada, CO 80004
- Premier Members Credit Union. 6300 Diagonal Highway, Boulder, CO 80310
- Premier Members Credit Union. 5155 W 120th Ave., Broomfield, CO 80020
- Premier Members Credit Union. 8080 Colorado Blvd., Firestone, CO 80504
- Premier Members Credit Union. 9625 Arapahoe Rd., Greenwood, CO 80112
- Premier Members Credit Union. 2142 N Main St., Longmont, CO 80501
- Premier Members Credit Union. 600 S Airport Rd., Longmont, CO 80503
- Premier Members Credit Union. 1156 W Dillon Rd., Louisville, CO 80026
- Premier Members Credit Union. 680 E 120th St., Northglenn, CO 80233
- Premier Members Credit Union. 8440 N Federal Blvd., Westminster, CO 80031
- Premier Members Credit Union. 4651 W 121st Ave., Broomfield, CO 80020
- Summit Chiropractic. 54 Garden Center, Broomfield, CO 80020
- TCF Bank. 11968 Vrain Street, Westminster, CO 80031
- Vectra Bank. 1990 W 10th Ave., Broomfield, CO 80020
- Walgreens. 5190 W 120th Ave., Broomfield, CO 80020
- Walgreens. 9970 Wadsworth Parkway, Westminster, CO 80021
- Walgreens. 1601 W 84th Ave., Federal Heights, CO 80260
- Walgreens. 10390 N Federal Blvd., Federal Heights, CO 80260
- Walgreens. 2400 E Midway Blvd., Broomfield, CO 80234
- Walgreens. 570 US Highway 287, Broomfield, CO 80020
THANK YOU to the additional 2012 Precious Gift Sponsors, including:
- 1st Baptist Church
- Anchor Physical Therapy
- Appearances Hair Color and Design Studio
- Aspen Creek K-8 Elementary
- Avista Hospital
- Big Choice Brewing
- Boulder County Bar Association Young Lawyer Divison
- Broomfield Community Church
- Broomfield United Methodist Church
- Center for Spiritual Living Boulder Valley
- Cloud Peak Energy
- Coldwater Creek at FlatIron Crossing
- Corporate Office Centers
- Data Logix
- Denver Transit Partners
- Discovery Christian Church
- GHP Horwath
- Girl Scout Troop 2005
- Global Sound Studio
- Grey Mountain Partners
- Hitachi Consulting
- Holy Comforter
- Incredible Smiles
- International Governors Services
- Key Equipment
- King Soopers on Hwy 287
- King Soopers on 120th
- Church of Latter Day Saints
- Lutheran Church of Hope
- MWH Global
- Nativity of our Lord
- Octagon Systems
- Old Navy at FlatIron Crossing
- Peak Integrative Health
- Ping Identity
- The Quintess Collection
- Red Hats
- Return Paths
- Risen Savior Lutheran Church
- Source Communications
- United Church of Broomfield
- Walmart at FlatIron Crossing
- Westlake Middle
- Westminster Calvary
- A mom came to pick up her toys for her 14 year old daughter who had asked for (but wasn't expecting to get) a sewing machine. When we brought out the sewing machine that a generous donor had given, the mom began crying and literally started jumping for joy. She then dragged us out to her car to show us all of the scrap cloth material she had pulled from Goodwill and she told us that her daughter wanted the sewing machine so bad because she wanted to start making her own clothes so her mom wouldn't have to spend money on them.
- One of our clients came to pick up her toys and she had a bruised eye. I asked her if everything was ok at home. She began to bawl and explained how she had finally left her abusive husband and was now living at a shelter with her kids. She was grateful, now more than ever, for the toys that she was picking up from us so that her kids could still experience some normalcy and joy this Christmas.
- A family who had signed up to be on the Christmas list at the last minute wasn't expecting
very much when they came to pick up their gifts for their two teenage children. When they were presented with two Ipod nanos and an Ipod gift card, both parents began to cry. They hadn't imagined in a million years that they would be able to gift their children ipods. The look of awe and astonishment was soon replaced with tears and smiles.
- "We absolutely rely on the services and goods provided by A Precious Child! We serve teens
in Boulder that often have nothing and we head on down to A Precious Child and can find age appropriate clothing, coats and winter gear (even sporting goods!) for the kids without any trouble. The warehouse is so well organized and the staff and volunteers are always incredibly helpful and courteous. Christmas time has become fun again here at Attention Homes because of the AMAZING present drive that A Precious Child does and all of the great donated gifts! We can't say enough about how wonderful we think the organization is and what a great help they are to us in serving youth. Thanks A Precious Child!" Chris Nelson, Residential Program Manager at Attention Homes