BASICS 4 BABIES
Our Basics 4 Babies program provides diapers, baby formula, baby clothing and other basic essentials to families who struggle to provide for their baby.
Through drives and donations, we collect various new and gently-used baby supplies to
provide our families with the best resources available.
How you can help:
Head up a diaper drive
- At your office
- At your church
- In your neighborhood
We are always in need of:
- Baby swings
- High chairs
- Play pens
- Baby food/formula
We CANNOT accept the following items:
- Car Seats
Drop off items at one of our A Precious Child Donation Centers:
- 557 Burbank St. Unit E Broomfield, CO 80020
- 2775 Valmont St. Boulder, CO 80304
- One of our partners is a teen parent program that educates young mothers on how to care for their children and how to best provide for them. Since they are still teenagers, most of the girls struggle to keep their growing babies clothed. Addressing this problem, the teen parent program transports these mothers to A Precious Child to pick out clothes for their babies, which helps them provide for their families.
- Planning for a baby always comes with some amount of stress. However, this feeling of stress was overwhelming during Brittany's pregnancy. Her baby's father had refused to be apart of her or her child's life and due to health complications, she was unable to work for a majority of her pregnancy. Being unemployed tampered with all of the plans she made to welcome her newborn son. She has planned to buy the things she needed one by one as she had slowly been saving for them. However, since she was unable to work, all of the things she had
planned on, fell through. We were able to provide her with bibs, a breast pump,
diapers, bottles, formula, a bassinet, and a stroller. She said coming into A
Precious Child, she finally felt prepared.
- Having already raised her children and watch them grow, Eunice was not expecting to raise anymore children at the ripe age of 62. However, when her daughter, who was battling an addiction to cocaine, disappeared from the hospital after giving birth to her son, Eunice was quickly pushed into the role as mother. Not knowing where to turn with who she calls her "unexpected joy" she was referred to A Precious Child with just enough clothing for young Anthony that was donated by family friends. Luckily, we were able to help her with a high chair, a bassinet, diapers and clothing that would keep Anthony comfortable for awhile. Coming faithfully every three months since she was given guardianship over Anthony, Eunice is now a proud "momma" of a sprouting 18 month old. Without help from A Precious Child, Eunice tells us she doesn't know how she would have survived the past 18 months.
- Andrea knew she had made some mistakes in her life. As an 18 year old, she was already a mother to two children. However, having been involved with WIC (Women, Infant, and Children) she had learned life skills and how to best care for her children. Andrea came to A Precious Child in desperate need of diapers and clothing for her children. She felt she was ready to start looking for a job and financially supporting herself. However, the constant expense of diapers and clothing and baby food was almost too overwhelming for a young mother. A Precious Child was able to provide Andrea with enough clothing to last her
children for the next few months and also with diapers and baby food! Once she took care of her children, Andrea set out to look for interview clothing for herself. Encouraged and motivated, Andrea now felt she was ready to take on the next stage in her life.